Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Two Greek Philosophers...

... Or what happens when you get bored in a philosophy lesson

I was actually thinking of making a series on a blog about two "philosophers" talking to eachother, always in three images, telling "jokes".

Both the images and texts would be of better quality, ofcourse. This thing isn't really funny (well, not as funny as it seemed to be in my head, but then again, you don't want to know what is going on in there).

What do you guys think? Decent quality pictures and decent jokes, on a weekly basis, would that be fun?

Anyway, here it is, you impatiant punks. Oh, and it might waste a few seconds of your life. I've warned you!



Spoiler










Thanks to Sir Jack for fixing.
|||Fixed Images, hope you don't mind:



Spoiler














Eh, it could work. Can't immediately recall any philosophy webcomics anyway.|||Quote:




then again, you don't want to know what is going on in there




Got that right.

Not a bad concept, I haven't seen it done yet. But yes, you definitely want better jokes. It'd be the perfect setup for the kind of joke that's funny but really makes you think at the same time.|||Quote:






View Post

Fixed Images, hope you don't mind:



Spoiler














Eh, it could work. Can't immediately recall any philosophy webcomics anyway.




Thanks for fixing, I'm going to change my first post. I don't mind at all .

I'm going to think of some interesting dialogues. Maybe read some Plato .

Any suggestions on how I should draw this? I could use a 3D modeling tool to create scenes, but it would probably look even more like crap than this. I like the simple black and white setup. So simply real figures instead of stick figures?|||Instead of stick figures, why not just heads?|||I'd say line drawings on a white background, done to resemble Classical Greek art.|||I have a friend who is willing to draw for me, and we're probably going for a sober Black on Red style, just like the Antique Vases of Greece.

I'm going to try to incorporate parodies on Socrates' dialogues into the images. I'll let you know when Two Greek Philosophers goes live!|||Also, I'd make the print much larger so it's possible to read on a web search. Good luck.|||Quote:






View Post

Also, I'd make the print much larger so it's possible to read on a web search. Good luck.




Will do. Thanks for wishing me luck. If this project doesn't fail, it should be quite cool xD|||Another possibility is using pictures or sketches of busts of famous philosophers.

Lazy way would be just those pics with text above and minor obvious changes to eyes/mouth. It works for some webcomic artists to make enjoyable comics like that.

Here's an example for gaming comics:

http://www.duelinganalogs.com/comic/...ure-of-vision/

No comments:

Post a Comment