Thursday, April 12, 2012

Google+

[:1]Invites are closed for the time being, since demand sort of.. monumentally exploded in a matter of hours. I'm in, and well.. Once enough people migrate over, goodbye facebook. Of course I realize half my technologically incapable friends list won't be switching over.

But that's exactly what I want to happen.









|||Any chance of this going the Google Wave route?|||It's possible... though, from what I've seen of it, it is pretty cool. It does all the things I wish facebook did.|||I don't think Wave was ever this popular. In fact, hardly anyone I knew had even heard about it until I asked if they wanted invites. Then they'd try it for a while, realize we had nothing to collaborate on, and forget about it.

Plus has several things going for it, with the mobile app being a large part of it. Instant upload means you don't have to dick around with imgur or emailling yourself shots for later uploading. I can see Huddle replacing gtalk and perhaps texting in general, and the BMM sending/sent/read icons are a great addition. Circles are also way easier than dealing with the cluster**** that is Facebook friend lists and privacy settings.|||I'm interested in this, but am waiting for... well, don't know. Still, interested.|||I want Google to know what colour my undies are.|||Hangouts seems pretty cool... better that crappy skype.|||Other than Circles I don't see anything that will make me switch from Facebook :||||Just the integration my my google account had me goin "squeeeeeeeee" I love that I don't have to have it open but the notifications show up on the top right corner of my email (which is always open)

The circles... I mean <3

My parents drive me bonkers with their posts on fb. And I can have people in two circles or more.

The hang outs, the stream is done better than the news feed is done in fb. Pictures are actually big enough to see them from the stream.

And also gchat, and it is integrated with google+ like nothing.

I really hope this catches on...

Sent from my G2. lulz what typos?|||I just don't know what all the Buzz is about.

It makes more sense than Facebook, but FB has a huuuge hold on the average user. If G+ can retain enough techies, yet survive, I guess it'll find its niche. With that, it can continue to go. Stuff like Wave & Buzz never seemed to go anywhere, which was the problem. Not even a real foothold to start from. Also, they'll need that iOS app soon if they really want it to fly.

I hope this takes off enough to survive. Google may already know everything about me, which is unsettling, but they seem to handle themselves better than jetpack boy Zuckerman ever has. Google's "Hello" IM app was amazing until they shut it down in '08, and Picasa has always been a great way to share pictures. (until everybody I knew used FB, at least...)

No comments:

Post a Comment