Thursday, April 12, 2012

~The Official *Anime* Thread~

[:1]What animes do you like, and which do you dislike? Are there a certain style of anime that you prefer over others, and certain types you would rather not watch?

A good start would be to provide a list of all the animes you've watched or like, and discussion will naturally progress from there. Also, feel free to talk about anime storylines, discuss certain shows with other members who end up liking them, talk about which anime movies are the best, which anime don't do the manga justice, and all that kind of good community stuff

This thread is for practically any kind of anime discussion, so feel free to get it started |||Things i hated:

Dragon Ball Z (Goku dies for the 90th time in two weeks... snore!)

Naruto (decent up till epsidoe 130..)

and the god of all mindless garbage.. Pokemon.

Things I liked:

Case Closed

Akira

Fullmetal Alchmeist

Samurai X

*Rurouni Kenshin

*Samurai X: Reflections (best.ending.ever)

Blue Gender

Bleach

Trinity Blood

Trigun

Tenchi Muyo

Vandread

Wolf's Rain

Witch hunter Robin

Great Teacher Onizuka

Ghost in the Shell|||(couple of my best loved, obsessed, and philosophical Animes)

Ergo PRoxy

Evangelion

Trigun

Beck Mongolian Chop Squad

FMA

Samurai Champloo

NHK

Love Hina

Ghost in the shell

Wolfs Rain

(Minors)

Naruto

Bleach

Negima

Pokemon

Digimon

dragonball Z (the old ones)

and like theres more but i cnat recall >< but Ergo Proxy, Beck, and NGE are THE BEST i have seen O_O|||I love animes, they are the best.

My favorite anime is Ranma 1/2, a very old anime, but still very good in my opinion, by Rumiko Takahashi, same author of Inuyasha. I wish I had enough money to buy all seasons to keep them for eternity lol...

Animes I have watched (in order of which I like more):

-Ranma 1/2 (Bestest anime ever, romance-comedy-bit of action)

-Love Hina (Pretty good, it was charming and touching. It has very deep topics. Romance-comedy)

-Inuyasha (Pretty good, but the way they are trying to delay the end is horrible. Romance-Action-Comedy)

-Samurai Champloo (It's interesting and historic, targets problems in society. Action-a bit of comedy-a bit of romance)

-Digimon(It was very good, but the sequels started to decay until it was overcomplicated and boring.)

-Dragon Ball Z

-Pokemon

-Yu Yu Hakusho

-Samurai X

-Trigun



Animes I wish to see (The ones I want to see the most first):

-Oh my Goddess (A guy that becomes boyfriend of a Goddess, I will soon buy the Ova series, Ovas are not as good as original, but thats what I can afford)

-Neon Genesis Evangelion (The only mech anime I will ever want to see, It has very deep situations and abnormalities that kind of attract my attention)

-Naruto (Ninjas with elemental power, it's very popular but I never heard about it before)

-Detective Conan (A great teenage detective that got turned into a little kid because of some drug, it's very interesting, I watched a few episodes but never finished watching it)

-Full Metal Alchemist (It's kind of popular, they say it's good, wish to give a look at it)

-Tenchi Muyo (A guy that discovers he has alien blood or something like that, this is not my kind of anime but the comedy sounds fun)|||anime i liked

- Fullmetal Alchimist ( favorite at the moment )

- Gungrave

- Samurai deeper kyo

- Wolf's rain

- Kenshin

- Ghost in the shell

- Vampire hunter D

- Hunter X Hunter

- Basilisk

- Naruto

- Bleach

- Nicky Larson

- Dragon ball Z

- ....

i probably missed some



By the way i followed Naruto ( jap with subtitels ) since an eternity ( beyond 200 episodes ), it's funny to see it pop up on euro-markets these lasts months|||Quote:






View Post

-Naruto (Ninjas with elemental power, it's very popular but I never heard about it before)

-Full Metal Alchemist (It's kind of popular, they say it's good, wish to give a look at it)

-Tenchi Muyo (A guy that discovers he has alien blood or something like that, this is not my kind of anime but the comedy sounds fun)






Wikipedia is the devill.. but it has its uses, sure theres some spoilers but in the end it can help you make up youre mind on weather or not you'll like a series.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tenchi

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fullmetal_Alchemist

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Naruto - Decent up till epsidoe 130, afterwhich you'll find barney more interesting.|||I generally prefer the 'serious' brands of anime over the 'cutesy' ones, though there have been exceptions.

A shortlist of my favorites:

- Ninja Scroll (the original movie, not the AWFUL series that followed)

- Ghost in the Shell (both movies as well as the animated series)

- Vampire Hunter D (the second movie. The first one is alright, but really starting to show its age)

- Jin Roh

- Paranoia Agent

- Record of Lodoss War (the original OVA. The Chronicles of the Heroic Knight series got a bit too loopy for its own good)

- Cowboy Bebop

- Scrapped Princess

- Planetes

- .hack//sign

- Witch Hunter Robin

- Excel Saga (probably THE wackiest anime I have ever seen)|||My list of favorites (most of the anime I've seen was through my school's anime club, with a few things I found on my own initiative):
  • Neon Genesis Evangelion (my all-time favorite, and the only series I've actually purchased)

  • Outlaw Star

  • Full Metal Alchemist

  • Revolutionary Girl Utena

  • Full Metal Panic: Fumoffu (FMP is alright, but Fumoffu is comedy gold)

  • Irresponsible Captain Tylor

  • Ah My Goddess!

  • Azumanga Daioh

  • Excel Saga

  • Berserk

  • FLCL

  • Miyazaki films (one of my apartmentmates is a huge fan of his, most of his films that I've seen were from borrowing her DVDs)

  • AMV Hell (not an anime, but great enough to get a mention)

Our anime club disbanded last year, so the Internet has been my only real source of being exposed to new anime. I've generally liked everything I've watched so far, though, with a couple exceptions.|||I generally prefer sappy romantic comedies, many from decades ago (back when I had free time to watch them). I get bored quickly with stuff that have repetitive action sequences. Some of the ones I liked:

Kimagure Orange Road

Maison Ikkoku

Tenchi Muyo

Urusei Yatsura

Video Girl Ai

Oh my Goddess

Grave of the Fireflies (not romantic comedy)

Anything by Hayao Miyazaki (my kids have a bunch of stuffed Totoro )

Let's see, I also own a bunch of stuff on LD and DVD: Ranma 1/2, Vampire Hunter D, Akira, Ghost in the shell, etc.

I have a ton of anime on my Netflix queue, but haven't had time to watch them. Damn this GW for eating up my free time!

-T

(edit: added note to GotF, just in case people think that whole list is romantic comedy )|||in order:

1. Elfen Lied - hands down the best series ever made

2. Basilisk - the only series that can come remotely close to Elfen Lied

3. School Rumble - funniest series I've ever watched

4. Naruto - I switched to the manga since the filler is terrible

5. Death Note - a great series so far and from what I've seen in the manga

I'm sure I'm missing a lot of great series' but this is just what came to me off the top of my head

edit: Oh right, Peace Maker Kurogane seems good but I'm not that far yet

Bleach at one point was a series I really liked except for the beginning 20 eps :P and now after reading the manga... it's completely dropped off my charts, the characters are terrible, they grow in strength but never change in personality

No comments:

Post a Comment