Monday, April 16, 2012

Eurovision Songfestival, also known as the Night of Gaiety

So the Eurovision Songfestival is tonight. I'll be watching it at my local gaybar, since it's hella funny. Plus, it's a good excuse to get drunk as the cool acts never actually win. And it's a good excuse to bet over nothing at all, maybe get laid or start a barfight when someone disagrees which act is best.

So how are you going to celebrate this night of sin?|||See if you can see my friend hanging around on the stage. He's up to some funny antics just now:



Spoiler






-Art|||I'll shut myself in another room while my girlfriend watches the crap.

Yuck.|||I have already suffered from the media coverage for weeks, as this year's contest comes from Germany.

Although the song "we" have isn't bad...



... I thought it was incredibly haughty to send Lena back into the competition without the usual trials to find an artist. Also, she was so incredibly charming last year, that almost everybody loved her. Today, she lost some that charm and even was pretty *****y on some interviews.

Am I going to watch it? Nah, not really.|||Quote:






View Post

So the Eurovision Songfestival is tonight. I'll be watching it at my local gaybar, since it's hella funny. Plus, it's a good excuse to get drunk as the cool acts never actually win. And it's a good excuse to bet over nothing at all, maybe get laid or start a barfight when someone disagrees which act is best.

So how are you going to celebrate this night of sin?




I'll likely be doing something more productive. I can't see Blue's admittedly slightly improved though still somewhat generic work getting the UK many points and Jedward... seriously, that has to be an even more boneheaded choice on Ireland's part since someone allowed Darren Sampson to represent the UK back in 2006.


Quote:






View Post

I have already suffered from the media coverage for weeks, as this year's contest comes from Germany.

Although the song "we" have isn't bad...






Better than our entry! |||Quote:






View Post

I have already suffered from the media coverage for weeks, as this year's contest comes from Germany.




Yeah I originally wanted to go to Dusseldorf for the finale but unfortunately I don't have the time.

I've never really cared for the festival, but its a lot like football; when FIFA comes around I still end up watching the Cup with friends or a bar of strangers. It's not really the show you spend your time with, its friends.

Though goddamn the wiki must have a ton of eurovision enthusiasts. Did you know every participating country gets a new page dedicated to them every year?|||Aaaand Azerbaijan took the top spot.

The UK actually got 100 points, which was a surprise, but for some baffling reason Jedward finished eighth, ahead of Blue. |||Popular vote in the bar I was at seemed to be between Jedward, Blue and the Denmark guys. I wanted Blue to win 'cause they're the Backstreet Boys.|||I wanted Georgia or Hungary to win, but I realize that both weren't really appealing to the target audience of the Night of Gaiety. Azerbajjan wasn't really anything special, in my opinion.

Anyway, the problem of the *** boygroups was that there were at least four of them: UK, Sweden, Romania, Denmark sounded like they were one and the same.|||I quite like Slovakia, Portugal too and I cannot believe Belgium didn't even get into the finals.

-Art

No comments:

Post a Comment