Thursday, April 12, 2012

Winter is Coming (Song of Ice and Fire TV)

[:1]HBO greenlights 'Game of Thrones' to series


Quote:




Winter is, indeed, coming.

HBO has greenlighted highly anticipated fantasy series "Game of Thrones."

The premium network has picked up the project for a first season debut next spring (below is the first released photo from the series). Nine episodes plus the pilot have been ordered. Production will begin in Belfast this June.

From the moment the project was first announced in development, the series based on the George R.R. Martin novels has generated enormous, perhaps unprecedented, online interest for a series at such an early stage.

The sprawling tale set in the mythical land of Westeros tells the story of the noble Stark family who become caught up in high court intrigue when patriarch Eddard (played by Sean Bean) becomes the king's new right-hand man. The four-and-counting books in the series would each be used as one season of the series.

Unlike many fantasy novels, the "Thrones" series largely avoids relying on magical elements and instead goes for brutal realism -- think "Sopranos" with swords. Martin, a former TV writer ("Beauty and the Beast"), writes each chapter as a cliffhanger, which should lend itself well to series translation. David Benioff and Dan Weiss are the series creators.






Spoiler






Also-- older article linked there with a lot of the cast:



This is gonna rock. :D|||Looks like I should consider picking the series up. I've heard quite a lot about it.

Nice to see they hired Taylor Swift there, too. |||Might be worth watching. I'd have to get HBO though and actually find to time to watch it. Sean Bean did a hell of job as Boromir so that alone draw my interest.|||I'm not finding a mention of Taylor Swift anywhere.



Anyway, I'm looking forward to this. Of course, it would be nice if GRRM actually finished the series sometime before he dies, so the TV series can be finished as well.|||Fourth row down. Can't miss her.


Quote:






View Post

I'm not finding a mention of Taylor Swift anywhere.|||I'd heard this was coming quite some time ago, but this is the first picture I've actually seen from it, and I must say I'm looking forward to it.

Of course, I misread the title as "Song of Ice and Fire IV" - which would have been far better news - but maybe knowing that the show will stall if it runs out of books will hurry it along a little?|||Quote:






View Post

Fourth row down. Can't miss her.




She's not showing up anywhere in the pics I'm seeing. Which character is she purportedly starring as?|||Quote:






View Post

She's not showing up anywhere in the pics I'm seeing. Which character is she purportedly starring as?




I'm kidding. The chick just looks like her.|||I'd rather have George RR Martin to finish the series!

Hopefully this series is a bit more trueer to the books then Legend of the Seeker was (note that legend of the seeker is a great show imho, just loosely based on :-))|||Quote:






View Post

I'm kidding. The chick just looks like her.




Ah. You see, sometimes pics on these forums just randomly don't show up for no reason I can figure, so I thought maybe I was really missing something.

Sandor Clegane...it's been a while since I read the series. Was he the crazy nut they called Dog, or the Dog's crazy gigantic murderous brother? ...maybe his name was Gregor or some such.

I'll have to read it over again. I'm beginning to forget some of the playas, especially those last three or four.

No comments:

Post a Comment