Thursday, April 19, 2012

CivWorld on Facebook

Screw Ikariam, stuff Farmville and sodomise Evony!!

Let's get ourselves a Facebook Civilisation World team!!!

The famous Sid Meier game is about to make the leap from computer to cloud with a new Facebook 'app'(?).

The alpha launches on January 12th and they are looking for teams to sign up for it.

Teams can be from 5-50 players, must have captains but don't worry - you can shift allegiances and the like as you go through the game.

Being Facebook there is that small privacy thing to get your head around but if, like me, there's a couple of accounts you've got spare with no information that's true then perhaps you'd like to join in with a GWO civilisation.

I don't want to be captain, but I'll happily tell whoever it is that they are doing it wrong.

If anyone is interested please say so here.

-Art|||I was all like, "Oooh Civilization".

Then I was all like, "Oh...Facebook...".

If this was the actual Civilization (as in IV or V), I'd so join. But it's a stupid Facebook app...forget it.|||I'm going to stay away from this for two reasons.

I don't need:

1) Another reason to check FB

2) Another online game

Ikariam eventually had the same issues that I dislike about MMORPGs. I felt that I was losing out by not being on or monitoring as much as I could. The trouble is that doing that requires too much time. Plus, worrying about people attacking your crap is really annoying. (let's not even mention punks who pay $40 in real cash to magically transport towns across oceans)

I'm too much of an all-in gamer, so I have to pick my games wisely. Currently, that means Bad Company 2 and whatever single-player games I can fit into odd times.

No comments:

Post a Comment