Saturday, April 21, 2012

TV Advice? :/

Toshiba LED-LCD, 40", ~800$

http://www.amazon.com/Toshiba-40UX60...7738570&sr=1-3



Samsung LED-LCD, 40", ~900$

http://www.amazon.com/Samsung-UN40C6...7740918&sr=1-4



Panasonic Plasma, 42", ~820$

http://www.amazon.com/Panasonic-VIER...7739244&sr=1-2





So then, I'm looking at getting a TV, those three were ones that looked good. And being the samsung fanboy I am, I'd usually get the samesung in a heartbeat. However, from what i've read (briefly) the samsung and toshiba are about on par (and an extra 100$ for a brand name...)

The plasma on the other hand looks very tempting, however this will be exclusively for gaming. Maybe some anime or a movie once in a while, but Blazblue will be the primary thing. And when I game, it's generally for a long period of time - so Burn In worries me with that one.

I'm leaning towards the toshiba, but anything in the 40"ish range that is a flat panel (not DLP) in that price range I'll take a look at. Especially if it's from amazon. :P

So.. Burn In? Still a problem with plasmas? I know they're still heavy as crap (another reason I lean towards the toshiba or samsung)

Advice? :3|||If you're going to go LCD, go Samsung. Those Panasonic plasmas are pretty decent though.

The plasma vs. LCD issue really comes down to how well lit your room will be, heat and power. PQ and burn in aren't really issues anymore, but plasma (and to a lesser extent glossy screen LCDs) will be difficult to watch in rooms with windows or a lot of light. Plasmas also pull a great deal more power, generate more heat and often make a humming sound while in use.


Quote:




However, from what i've read (briefly) the samsung and toshiba are about on par




PQ may be similar but you're going to get better VPU/postprocessing (120Hz, deinterlacing etc) on the Samsung. (My 650 & 950 make DVDs look almost HD, whereas I've seen several LCDs that SD content just looks horrible on.)|||I agree with B Ephekt on going for a Samsung LCD; and I would add over plasma. If you ever wanted to hook your computer up to the TV for gaming, movies, other computer use, etc. LCD is the way to go.|||Thirding the Samsung. It's what I'm planning to get, once I can budget in a TV that costs more than my rent.|||THis just goes to show I should trust my instict more :P

Thanks guys.|||Came in Today <3



Spoiler







|||Dang, Ryu. Ctrl+i, 25%, save.

Nice TV tho.

PS - Now we all know that you have an enormous fighter joyepad and sleep on a bare mattress.|||^Indeed. Nice stick too.

I ended up trading mine for the new version (hurt my friend's wrist). As a bonus he left his Seimitsu octo-gate and buttons in. Win.

Edit: Is that a PS3 I see? We should play some Marvel or SF sometime.|||Quote:






View Post

^Indeed. Nice stick too.

I ended up trading mine for the new version (hurt my friend's wrist). As a bonus he left his Seimitsu octo-gate and buttons in. Win.

Edit: Is that a PS3 I see? We should play some Marvel or SF sometime.




lol, what is this control I you speak of :p

I'll resize them down a bit. And I only play Blazblue tbh. Ironic, given it's a SF4 stick. But it is a PS3, PSN is Ryuujinx (go figure)




Quote:






View Post

Dang, Ryu. Ctrl+i, 25%, save.

Nice TV tho.

PS - Now we all know that you have an enormous fighter joyepad and sleep on a bare mattress.




Have you ever tried to High Jump cancel on a pad? It's friggen impossible. :||||I have the original BB but never really got into it. Nobody local plays... I mostly play Marvel and Battle Fantasia.

Edit: I can super jump cancel on a pad. It's everything else that's difficult. :p

No comments:

Post a Comment