Thursday, April 19, 2012

Ophiuchus, new Zodiac sign

http://blog.zap2it.com/pop2it/2011/0...ical-sign.html


Quote:




Astronomer Parke Kunkle tells NBC news that due to the Earth's changing alignment in the last 3000 years, the sign you are born into now are different than they were long ago. Plus, astronomers believe there is a 13th Zodiac sign called Ophiuchus, which falls between Scorpio and Sagittarius.

"This is not something that happened today. This has gone on for thousands of years," says Kunkle. "Because of this change of tilt, the Earth is really over here in effect and Sun is in a different constellation than it was 3,000 years ago."

Capricorn: Jan. 20 - Feb. 16

Aquarius: Feb. 16 - March 11

Pisces: March 11- April 18

Aries: April 18- May 13

Taurus: May 13- June 21

Gemini: June 21- July 20

Cancer: July 20- Aug. 10

Leo: Aug. 10- Sept. 16

Virgo: Sept. 16- Oct. 30

Libra: Oct. 30- Nov. 23

Scorpio: Nov. 23- Nov. 29

Ophiuchus: Nov. 29- Dec. 17

Sagittarius: Dec. 17- Jan. 20





I don't know about this, I still say I'm a Taurus. I don't check my daily horoscope or think it really has anything to do with how my life goes, I just identify it as my sign of when I was born. And I still say I'm a bull-headed Taurus. muhahaha

Anyone else have thoughts on this?|||Apparently I'm a Libra now. Screw that, Scorpio's clearly the best sign.|||Before I was Nepeta, but now I am Karkat. Since Karkat is my favorite troll, I am okay with this.



Spoiler




Your name is KARKAT VANTAS. As was previously mentioned, it is your WRIGGLING DAY, which is barely even worth mentioning. It is an anniversary, if anything, to lament the faults of your existence, of which there are assuredly plenty.

Equally plenty, and somewhat related to that topic, are your INTERESTS. You have a passion for RIDICULOUSLY TERRIBLE ROMANTIC MOVIES AND ROMCOMS. You should really be EMBARRASSED for liking this DREADFUL CINEMA, but for some reason you are not. You like to program computers, but you are NOTORIOUSLY PRETTY AWFUL AT IT. Your programs invariably damage the machines on which they are executed, which is just as well, since you like to believe you specialize in COMPUTER VIRUSES. When you mature, you aspire to join the ranks of the most lethal members of your society, the THRESHECUTIONERS. You like to practice with your REALLY COOL SICKLE, but just wind up looking like KIND OF A DOOFUS BY YOURSELF IN YOUR ROOM.

You like to chat with some of your other troll pals, most of which drive you BAT**** UP THE ****ING BELFRY. You have been trying out a new chat client beta called TROLLIAN, and you are NOT REALLY SURE WHAT YOU THINK ABOUT IT YET. Your trolltag is carcinoGeneticist and you speak in a manner that is ALMOST EXCLUSIVELY ORNERY, ALL THE TIME.

Later, you will play a game with 5 other friends, and go on a big adventure with them. This game, for convenient reference, is a game that DOES NOT YET EXIST.

But it will soon.

What will you do?
|||Apparently, the 13-sign Zodiac has been around since at least 1995...

It further says that it's pretty popular in Japan.

[nerd]

I wouldn't bother too much about all that... the worst that could happen is that there would be a new gold saint among the twelve gold saints (And in this case would be the first female gold saint.)

[/nerd]|||Quote:






View Post

Apparently I'm a Libra now. Screw that, Scorpio's clearly the best sign.




Same. Screw the new sign. Scorpio > All other signs.|||http://blogs.discovermagazine.com/ba...-of-the-times/

what basically happened was: nothing. nobody redefined the zodiac, nobody has a "new" star sign, and i don't even know where all this "only applies if you were born after the year 2000" stuff came from.|||Since this is all hocus pocus it doesn't really matter does it?

It should be noted though that a dragon and a spider have each been mentioned in the past 20 years as being the 13th sign of the zodiac.

Sounds like another money making spinner for the idiots that fool other idiots into thinking that there be magic!

-Art|||Quote:






View Post

Same. Screw the new sign. Scorpio > All other signs.




Scorpio!!!!!!!!|||Dude, my Leo sign could so beat up your Scorpio sign.|||So apparently I am this Ophiuchus thingy.



OMG, looking to reaffirm my status as Fire Dragon at least, I double checked the Chinese Zodiak. And, since the new year is not at actual new year (the lists I've seen before just say year->sign) I am actually a Wood Rabbit. Bummer.



My whole identity is in shambles now..



[EDIT ]No wait, I was being crosseyed. I AM a Fire Dragon. So all is well.

No comments:

Post a Comment