Saturday, April 21, 2012

Since it's almost Halloween... A Creepy Game Music Thread

That's basically it. Post vids or links to your favorite creepy music from games.

I'll start with relative oldies that seemed creepy at the time:

NES Zelda Dungeon Theme



and Death Mountain



Southern Ruins from Secret of Mana

|||





|||No Justin Bieber yet?|||

The area in which this theme plays in, the Dark Rift, makes it even creepier.|||Quote:






View Post

Southern Ruins from Secret of Mana






I love this one... ah nostalgia. I remember this song so well, I used to play Secret of Mana so much back then. It's got this cheerful creepiness going on, it used to scare me as a child.

This one is also very creepy in a similar way:



Lovely Psycho music.|||

Gave me psychosis this game!|||resident evil 1 music, nuff said|||Man that took an age to find...

Excellent idea for a thread Zalis!

Ok, scarey(ish) music from my entire 30 odd years of playing something or other.



Best I could find that sounds like the original.



Ridiculously hard game and a theme that drills into your bones after a while.



To be honest I had the 48K version - so not quite as funky on my computer.



Scary as heck when this game came out - laughable now.



Highly underrated character in my opinion and excellent game to boot.



Not quite scary - more dirge meets voodoo surf but apt.



Old JC Denton had a good one in the bag.

And that's my hit list for today. Looking forward to seeing more posted up from you guys. Video game music is a well respected genre in my opinion.

-Art|||Being me, this is more moody than scary music, I suppose, but hey, that goes with the season too:



-Excellent modern hardware overhaul of the intro tune here.



And in a more modern vein:





The F.E.A.R. theme was actually just a placeholder at first, but the composer thought it sounded so good he kept it.

Now back to moody:



-I released my fingers from the keyboard. The final letter was an exclamation mark to everything that had lead to this point...

|||Lavender Town song (from Red/Blue)



And reversed (from FR/LG). Your nightmares now have a theme music.



And the combination:

No comments:

Post a Comment