Thursday, April 19, 2012

Dark Knight Rises - Anne Hathaway & Tom Hardy join cast

Quote:




The cat is officially out of the bag, and the search for Batman's leading lady is at least partially over. Consider it official, folks: Anne Hathaway is Catwoman. Christopher Nolan and Warner Bros. have announced that the Oscar-nominated actress is joining "The Dark Knight Rises" as Selina Kyle, the alter-ego of Batman's feline nemesis.

"I am thrilled to have the opportunity to work with Anne Hathaway, who will be a fantastic addition to our ensemble as we complete our story," Nolan said in an official statement.

Additionally, the filmmaker revealed that longtime cast member Tom Hardy will be playing the role of Bane: �I am delighted to be working with Tom again and excited to watch him bring to life our new interpretation of one of Batman�s most formidable enemies.�

Hathaway's casting and the announcement of Hardy's character put to rest two of the most crucial questions that fans have had about "The Dark Knight Rises." We now know that Nolan's third and final Batman film has a spot for the most notable female character in all of Batman's rogues gallery, but is that the end of the story? There were whispers of another leading lady getting in on "The Dark Knight Rises" not too long ago, so it's entirely possible that we'll hear more casting announcements along those lines in the very near future.

Speculation surrounding Hardy's role, meanwhile, has ranged from obscure characters like Deadshot and Hugo Strange to more familiar faces such as the Riddler. In the end, Hardy was in for the monstrous role of Bane all along, bringing the character to the silver screen for the first time since the critically flamed "Batman & Robin."




http://herocomplex.latimes.com/2011/...-knight-rises/

Wow that sounds great! It'll be nice to see Anne Hathaway play a villain for once. I'm thrilled they're bringing in Catwoman, we need a female villain.

I don't know Bane's story, only what I saw in Batman & Robin, and that showed him kind of a slave to Poison Ivy. So if he does have a mind of his own, then I'd like to see it. The picture of him looks creepy. hehe|||What?! No Clayface?





|||Quote:






View Post

http://herocomplex.latimes.com/2011/...-knight-rises/

Wow that sounds great! It'll be nice to see Anne Hathaway play a villain for once. I'm thrilled they're bringing in Catwoman, we need a female villain.

I don't know Bane's story, only what I saw in Batman & Robin, and that showed him kind of a slave to Poison Ivy. So if he does have a mind of his own, then I'd like to see it. The picture of him looks creepy. hehe




Don't even get me started on what that movie did to Bane.

Since I don't have time right now to type it all out:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bane_%28comics%29|||In the comics, Bane is a criminal genius. He's super smart, super cunning, plans five steps ahead of his enemy, and has a wide web of criminal influence. He's addicted to Venom, a drug that basically makes him able to "hulk out" and be super strong.

In the movie "Batman and Robin", Bane was a brainless (or brain-dead) lackey who was injected with a drug to make him super strong.



Basically, the movie eviscerated the character and made him into just another punching bag for Batman and Robin. In the comics, he's a great villain, one of my favorites. I hope they do him justice in this new movie.|||Wow. I am pleased Bane is in, I never really liked Catwoman, but I trust Nolan. Thanks for posting TW.|||I hope this is some kinda of bad joke.

-Art|||I don't think I've ever seen Hathaway in anything, but at least she's classy looking enough...



I had great hopes for Halle, but it was panned so badly that I never bothered to see it either. Maybe on Netflix?|||Quote:






View Post

I hope this is some kinda of bad joke.

-Art




Which part of what?

Personally, I find Hathaway to be very attractive in an odd way, and quite talented. Though most of her work has been in chick-flicky-type comedies, I think she'd do a good job as Catwoman...she's got that lanky, acrobatic body among other things, and those big eyes of hers can probably get pretty spooky looking.|||Quote:






View Post

I had great hopes for Halle, but it was panned so badly that I never bothered to see it either. Maybe on Netflix?




It's considerably worse than Batman & Robin, except it's not even funny either. It's just really, really bad.|||Quote:






View Post

It's considerably worse than Batman & Robin, except it's not even funny either. It's just really, really bad.




Considering that I didn't think Batman & Robin managed to be funny, you make me sad.

No comments:

Post a Comment