Thursday, April 19, 2012

The Steam Sale of Awesome Legend is Over - what games are enriching your gaming life?

Fun trivia: the thread title contains the exact max of characters allowed!

The Steam Sale offered, and I purchased:

AaAaAaA - A Reckless Disregard for Gravity

Audiosurf

Hegemony: Philip of Macedon

Plants vs Zombies (Game of the Year Edition)

Trackmania Nations Forever

Zeno Clash

PSN Sale:

Fat Princess

Lara Croft: Guardian of Light

PixelJunk Shooter

All 50% off huzzah!



Audiosurf at 5$ is actually the most expensive game on the list. Didn't purchase any games I wouldn't have bought without the discount, since I now have a backcatalog of ~15 games to play aside from all the real old school games I still need to retro with emulators and what not.|||I got FEAR pack, mainly for the 2 FEAR expansions (which I've been wanting to play for a long time)... but it also includes FEAR2 and its expansion (which I hope works on my old computer).

Just checked AaAaAaA video, and I don't get it. The goal is just to fall on plates and pass near objects? Interesting idea, but I think it'd get repetitive (and non-challenging) fast, no?|||Quote:






View Post

Just checked AaAaAaA video, and I don't get it. The goal is just to fall on plates and pass near objects? Interesting idea, but I think it'd get repetitive (and non-challenging) fast, no?




Along with giving the thumbs-up to fans and flipping the bird to protesters.

Also, the challenge is in the High Score Leaderboards. The basics you can get the gist of fairly quick, but getting a good score'll take almost as many attempts as it takes to finish a Super Meat Boy level.

On the subject of what games I grabbed... Uh, I'll get back to you when I've trawled through my emails.

[EDIT] The list:

CivCity: Rome

Super Meat Boy

VVVVVV

AAaAAaAA!!

F.E.A.R. Complete Pack

Deus Ex: IW

Peggle Nights

Puzzle Quest

Resident Evil 5

The Polynomial

Defense Grid

Recettear: An Item Shop's Tale

Bully: SE

Trials 2: SE

Aliens vs. Predator 2010

Railworks (yeah)

Alpha Protocol

Deathspank

Batman: AA

Red Faction 1, 2 & Guerilla

FlatOut 1, 2 & UC

Mirror's Edge

Killing Floor + DLC

RUSH

Section 8

DiRT 2

King's Bounty Collection

Plants vs. Zombies

The Ball

Swords & Soldiers HD

Quake 2007 Collection (sans number 4, annoyingly)

Singularity

Jedi Knight Bundle

Guardians of Graxia + Map Pack

Supreme Commander 2 + DLC

Zeno Clash

Mafia II Digital Deluxe + DLC

Hitman Collection (Uh, where's Contracts, Square Enix?)

Lara Croft & The Guardian of Light

Good thing I was paid a few weeks in advance for Chrimbo...


Quote:




Hegemony: Philip of Macedon




That any good, by the way? |||Ah VVVVVVVVV. Should have bought that. Played Swords & Soldiers on the wii, very cool. How's Guardians of Graxia, was on the fence for a bit about that one.

Hegemony is pretty cool. Only played 30-40 minutes so far, hella difficult (steep learning curve) on casual. Not sure whether I'd have paid 20 for it yet, but at 3$ it was definitely a good investment. A gold edition/expansion is coming soon, I'd wait for that anyhow.

AaAAAaAAaaa is essentially about falling down, as close to objects as you can manage yeah. It's a pretty good adrenaline kick, requires some precision control and as TP said, Leaderboards *.*|||Oh well, missed out on AvP2010 (is it any good compared to AvP1-2 & expansions?) as well as Lara Croft Guardian of Light (any good?).

Nice thing about downloadable games, they'll probably stay on the list for a long time, and prices will keep going down... so, maybe next year...|||Quote:






View Post

How's Guardians of Graxia, was on the fence for a bit about that one.




I've only played through a couple of missions while half-tired so far, but even in said state it seemed like an easy enough game to wrap my head around - Easier than Magic: The Gathering (which I am absolutely useless at playing) anyway - and a reasonable effort on Petroglyph's part at the tabletop card game genre (they've put a physical version of the game into print as well as the PC game, apparently ).


Quote:






View Post

Oh well, missed out on AvP2010 (is it any good compared to AvP1-2 & expansions?) as well as Lara Croft Guardian of Light (any good?).




I've not played the earlier AvPs so unfortunately I can't make any reasonable comparison, and I've not downloaded GOL yet. Slow internet connection is slow. |||Apparently, the sale is still on for another 3 hours. Just got Plants vs Zombies for my daughter at 50% off...|||http://www.steamcalculator.com/id/therealboz

I only spent about $25 to raise the value from 300 to 530.|||During this sale, I bought:

Battlefield Bad Company 2 - $6.67

FEAR Complete Pack - $9.99

King Arthur Role-playing Complete Pack - $5.67

Dead Space - $6.67

Greed Corp - $2.50

Far Cry 2 - $4.99

Stalker Bundle (Shadows of Chernobyl & Call of Pripyat) - $4.99

Some of them were deals I couldn't pass up, though I'm not sure when I'll get around to playing 'em. Others were games that never had demos, which means I had pirated them in years past to check them out. Now, I simply skip games like that, but buying 'em on the cheap is my weird form of making up for it.

So far, Battlefield: Bad Company 2 has seen the most play time.



Spoiler


It's a ridiculously good online FPS if you enjoy working as a team. Its single-player isn't as good as Modern Warfare, but I've played worse. The real draw is the multi anyway.

It's not nearly as twitch-based as MW2 or Black (c)Ops, and killstreak addicts will find themselves on the losing team. It's all about learning the duties of your class, helping teammates and fulfilling objectives. The xp system gives you unlocks to look forward to. While most of them are preferential, certain abilities give you access to what your class is all about. (medkits & ammo boxes for Medics & Assault, mortar strikes for Recon and repair for Engineers, etc) Oh, and you can destroy structures with explosives and vehicles. It really adds another level of strategery (tm).

A word of warning, though... The online game will frustrate you at first. After a learning period, I've seen myself and several friends eventually "click" and get it. It just takes an adjustment from the frag/ratio-based online play that we're often used to. If you try to be Rambo, you will die often and drag your team down. BC2 rewards players for fulfilling objectives and using their class abilities to help each other. Random online mileage may vary, but I've had a lot of fun by playing it with at least one friend in my squad. (each team is split up into multiple squads of 4, aiding your squad gets you double the xp of aiding normal teammates)|||Quote:






View Post

I've not played the earlier AvPs so unfortunately I can't make any reasonable comparison




Ok then, how is it?

No comments:

Post a Comment