Saturday, April 21, 2012

California -v- EMA

Quote:




JUSTICE SCALIA: I'm not concerned about the

jury judging. I'm concerned about the producer of the

games who has to know what he has to do in order to

comply with the law. And you are telling me, well a

jury can -- of course a jury can make up its mind, I'm

sure. But a law that has criminal penalties has to be

clear. And how is the manufacturer to know whether a

particular violent game is covered or not?

MR. MORAZZINI: Well, Your Honor -

JUSTICE SCALIA: Does he convene his own

jury and try it before -- you know, I really wouldn't

know what to do as a manufacturer.




I quite liked reading the transcripts of the first oral hearing. Scalia especially is observant, smart (probably did a lot of XTC in his younger years), sharp.

http://www.scribd.com/doc/40744855/Schwarzenegger-v-EMA|||Such wit can only be achieved by imbibing copious amounts of mescaline.|||Solid read. Decision in 6 months. From reading the transcript my guess is that they'll rule it unconstitutional.|||The transcript would make for a good comedy musical imo.

No comments:

Post a Comment