Thursday, April 12, 2012

Are you a virtual property thief? academic anonymous survey

[:1]Hi Everyone!

You are invited to take part in a research project at Deakin University in Australia.

The primary objective of this proposed survey is to collect information on individuals are self proclaimed virtual property thieves (which is not a legislated crime at the moment). If you are an individual who has conducted virtual property theft, we want to find out how you conduct virtual property theft, when you are conducting virtual property theft, which virtual property items you steal (and how many), and finally how you sell these items.

This survey is TOTALLY anonymous, no identifiable information is collected (IP Address etc). SurveyMonkey allows authors to disable the storage of email addresses and disable IP address collection for all collection methods so authors can collect anonymous survey responses.

We are only aiming for a maximum of 50 respondents, but if we get more its great! If you choose to participate, thanks and we look forward to some interesting results!

The survey link is below:

http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/askavirtualthief|||Sorry to say but this is one of the worst surveys I have ever seen, on so many levels.

Nevertheless I did participate (though I have never stolen any virtual property, so I fear it might have been a very weak participation)|||Yeah...um...no. A thread asking if people are criminals or not, and a link so they can fill in the details. Interesting idea but I'll have to close it.|||Didn't realize you had an already ongoing similar survey in another sub-forum here (generally frowned upon, by the way...multiple twin threads) so I'm guessing it's ok to re-open this. In the future, understand among other things that one of my primary interests is to protect the identity and integrity of our members, and a survey thread from a brand-new, never-participated-in-the-forums-before member is generally some kind of obnoxious advertising spam.|||I steal your thoughts and craft them into your rivals.|||I stole ponies.|||I mostly steal lines from popular movies, so you'd better watch yourself. I have the death sentence on 12 systems.|||I believe this is a bot as I have seen duplicate threads.|||Quote:






View Post

If you are an individual who has conducted virtual property theft, we want to find out how you conduct virtual property theft, when you are conducting virtual property theft, which virtual property items you steal (and how many), and finally how you sell these items.




So, your first survey was asking how much we have, and asked for contact information for further possible questions. Now you're asking how to steal and sell stuff?

In hindsight, I'm glad I declined to give any personal information on that first one.|||I smell bacon...

No comments:

Post a Comment